Mira Mesa Senior Center
The Mira Mesa Senior Center has served the local community for nearly 30 years through the City of San Diego. The mission of Mira Mesa Senior Center is to offer programs and activities for the enjoyment of our seniors and betterment of our community.
The goals and objectives of the Mira Mesa Senior Center is to:
- Provide opportunities for social enrichment of older adults and seniors;
- Offer services that improve the quality of life;
- Offer life-long learning opportunities;
- Serve as community focal point and resource center;
- Encourage continued independence for participants; and
- Be a model for delivering senior services in San Diego County.
The City of San Diego “Special Use Permit” (or SUP) is entered into by and between the City of San Diego and Alliance for Quality Education (PERMITTEE).
The Alliance for Quality Education (AQE) is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation engaged in the promotion and sponsorship of recreational, educational, cultural, and social services programs and activities for residents of the City, whose revenues are generated from voluntary contributions, special events, membership dues and fund raising projects.
Under the new management of AQE as the new Permittee, there is an opportunity to redesign the facility programmatically to better serve the seniors and older adults of Mira Mesa and its surrounding communities.