Here you will find a list of current services we provide. Keep checking back to find more services as we continue to grow in our operations. If you have suggestions for services, let us know on our contact page. Mira Mesa Senior Center (MMSC) is currently home to six emeritus programs of San Diego Continuing Education-North City Campus. The Community College Continuing Education Classes are currently available online and not at the Mira Mesa Senior Center.
- Life Painting Classes. Mondays 10:30am – 1:00pm
- Observational Painting – this class is designed around observation and perceptual painting mostly done in oil. Students will paint from life and still life. Mondays 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Watercolor Painting (all levels) – learn basic watercolor techniques that will give you a solid foundation for watercolor painting. Thursdays 8:15am – 11:15am
- Ukulele and Guitar Classes – learn how to play these fun instruments! Wednesdays 9:30am – 11:30am and Thursdays 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Rediscover San Diego – escorted tours through exciting places in San Diego! Tuesday Mornings 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Communicating with Technology – learn how to use your technology devices! Tuesdays 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Piano Class – learn how to make music on the piano! Beginners are welcomed! Wednesdays 1:00pm – 4:00pm
All of these classes are free to older adults and seniors.
Health and Wellness: HICAP – Medicare Counseling on location. Call to schedule a one-on-one appointment at 1800-434-0222.
Education & Advocacy: Legal Aid Society – On site free consumer health and much more. Call 877-534-2524 to make an appointment. Elder Law & Advocacy – Free legal advice for seniors, including basic estate planning, landlord/tenant issues, probate, etc. By appointment only, please call 858-565-1392.
Fun 30 Min Walk (YouTube) – 9:15am – 9:45am
Fit and Move – Mondays – 10:00am – 11:00am
Mahjong – Tuesdays – 10:00am – 2:00pm
Seasonal Gardening – Wednesdays – 10:00am – 12:00pm
Zumba – Wednesdays – 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Senior Technology Class – Select Thursdays – 10:00am – 11:30am
Fun Karaoke – Thursdays – 11:30am – 1:30pm
Yoga – Thursdays – 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Bingo – Fridays – 9:00am – 11:00am
Only 50 cents for three cards. No admittance after 10:00am!
Learn to Dance – Fridays – 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Line Dancing – Fridays 4:00pm – 5:00pm
You can also visit our calendar page for a monthly look at what is coming up.
Our October 2023 Calendar and Program List are now available! Click on the link below to see the printable pdf, or click here to view the month calendar!
PDF of October’s programs and calendar below: