Here you will find a list of current services we provide. Keep checking back to find more services as we continue to grow in our operations. If you have suggestions for services, let us know on our contact page.
Mira Mesa Senior Center (MMSC) is currently home to six emeritus programs of San Diego Continuing Education-North City Campus.
- Life Painting Classes
Mondays 10:30am – 1:00pm
- Observational Painting – this class is designed around observation and perceptual painting mostly done in oil. Students will paint from life and still life.
Mondays 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Watercolor Painting (all levels) – learn basic watercolor techniques that will give you a solid foundation for watercolor painting.
Thursdays 8:15am – 11:15am over 50 students
- Ukulele and Guitar Classes – learn how to play these fun instruments!
Wednesdays 9:30am – 11:30am and Thursdays 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Rediscover San Diego – escorted tours through exciting places in San Diego!
Tuesday Mornings 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Communicating with Technology – learn how to use your technology devices!
Tuesdays 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Piano Class – learn how to make music on the piano! Beginners are welcomed!
Wednesdays 1:00pm – 4:00pm
All of these classes are free to older adults and seniors.
Health and Wellness:
HICAP – Medicare Counseling on location. Call to schedule a one-on-one appointment at 1800-434-0222. 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month.
Education & Advocacy:
Legal Aid Society – On site free consumer health and much more. Call 877-534-2524 to make an appointment.
Elder Law & Advocacy – Free legal advice for seniors, including basic estate planning, landlord/tenant issues, probate, etc. By appointment only, please call 858-565-1392. First Monday of each month.
Our healthy lunches provide a third of the daily requirements for older adult. No senior is turned away, however, a small donation is suggested. Also available for homebound.
Lunch program provided by Serving Seniors – Monday – Friday 12:00nn – 1:00pm.
Tai Chi – Mondays – 8:00am – 9:30am
Fit and Move – Tuesdays – 9:30am – 10:30am
Square Dancing – Tuesdays – 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Tai Chi – Wednesdays – 7:30am – 9:15am
Seasonal Gardening – Wednesdays – 10:00am – 12:00pm
Zumba – Wednesdays – 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Yoga – Thursdays – 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Bingo – Fridays – 9:00am – 11:00am
Only 25 cents per card…about 25-30 people participate in this program.
AARP Tax preparation by appointment only – every Tuesdays and Thursday from 11:00am to 1:00pm. This service will resume in spring of 2020.
You can also visit our calendar page for a monthly look at what is coming up.
For a pdf of October’s programs and calendar, press on the links below: